Crispy veggie muffin-pan fritters
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1/3 cup light flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Place 1 teaspoon oil in each hole of a 12-hole (1/3-cup-capacity) muffin pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until oil is hot.
Meanwhile, place zucchini, carrot, broccoli, chives, coriander, our, baking powder and paprika in a bowl. Season. Stir until well combined. Whisk egg, milk and remaining oil together in a jug. Add to vegetable mixture. Stir to combine.
Carefully remove pan from oven. Spoon mixture among pan holes. Top with tomato halves, cut-side up. Return to oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Brush fritters with sweet chilli sauce. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Using a butter knife, carefully lift fritters from pan. Serve sprinkled with extra coriander.